The Gaming Club Network (GCN) is a voluntary organisation, created in 1999, set upon the idea of bringing together like-minded people to encourage others to try our hobby. Our purpose is to provide the opportunity for individuals and member clubs to participate in the hobby of collecting, painting and gaming with miniatures, table top games and role play games.
The GCN strives to meet the following six objectives:
- To assist running local gaming events
- To support club activities
- To assist running games at local and national levels
- To provide a forum for gaming clubs
- To facilitate club development
- To promote good communications between Gaming Clubs, and games originators, manufacturers and retailers
- A committee of at least three members to run affairs openly
- Public liability insurance to protect members against accident
- A good standard of club rules and a club constitution
- A child protection policy
- A policy of submitting the committee for Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure
Quite rightly, many clubs out there want to know the benefits of joining the Gaming Club Network. Well here are some of them:
- Free CRB checks, with child protection becoming increasing important, the GCN provides this important service to all its member clubs.
- Access to GCN Public Liability Insurance, the GCN has negotiated a very good PLI deal that all member clubs can take advantage of.
- Be part of GCN events, the GCN gets involved in all sorts of events, including campaign weekends and tournaments. If you want to be involved, you need to be part of the GCN (or at least a member of a club that is).
- Entry into the Club Open Play Championship, a national inter-club league run by the GCN. Play any club at any system, and fight it out for the GCN Open Play title.
- Advertising your club in Games Workshop stores, only members of the Gaming Club Network can advertise their clubs in GW stores.
- Advertising in White Dwarf, all members of the Gaming Club Network are listed in Games Workshop.s White Dwarf magazine and on Games Workshop.s website. And if you have an event to advertise, email email@example.com with all the details and they will include it in their event diary (but remember to submit your event at least three months in advance).
- Be the best, GCN membership is a recognised club standard. Our clubs are friendly, fun, and safe places for people of all ages to enjoy their hobby.